Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vacation

Yippeeeee, we're on vacation!!!!

We're on our way to the happiest place on earth.























And for me, it really is.
I love Disneyland!
I've been all over the world, lived in foreign
countries, vacationed in exotic spots but there
really is no other place like Disneyland for that
little California girl that still lives inside of
me.



Look at that Minnie....what a fashion plate!! Even with
blue eye shadow too!
She's my favorite.
Always has been, always will be.

And then there was Tinkerbell.

Ah, Tinkerbell!!

I was enthralled with that cute little fairy since I
first caught sight of her and her magic
wand in the opening for The Wonderful World of Disney.

Remember that?????
























In fact, I was so fascinated with Tinkerbell that I got
Tinkerbell slippers at Christmas, a Tinkerbell pin,
necklace and many more Tinkerbell accessories
throughout my childhood.

My Grandpa, who passed away when
I was 10, used to call me Tinker.

He said I reminded him of that
little fairy that would ZING here and ZING there....never
standing still for too long.
My Grandpa left me with wonderful
memories of my childhood.

I love you Grandpa and I miss you!


And, then there was this guy.










How can anyone be unhappy watching this cute lil'
guy BOING BOING BOINGing all over the place???

I'm so excited and I'm going to hunt down each and every
one of these wonderful characters and have my picture
taken with them.

Poor Pookie....lol

But, I think secretly he gets a thrill just
knowing that I'm so excited.
And, I love him SO MUCH for taking me
anywhere I wanted to go for my 51st birthday.

Even if that place is Disneyland!! lol

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful visit with all of your favorite Disney characters and an even better birthday, Gayle! Although I'm only 90 minutes or less from Orlando Disney World, I haven't been there since my daughter was little. I would like to go again someday, especially at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Disney! I still enjoy going, too. Have a wonderful time, and say hello to Mickey for me!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday!!!!! Have a wonderful vacation......Pat H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Disneyland, but not the crowds. I hope you have an absolutely amazing Happy Birthday! Now, don't forgot to share your pictures with us! ☺ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Gayle! How exciting that you chose Disney to visit to celebrate! How long are you staying? Know what I think you should do while on vaca? Go get a tattoo of Tink somewhere on your bod! She obviously means a lot to you, and makes you remember your grandfather. Sounds like a damn good idea to me!

    Justine :o )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished sewing a pair of baby Tinkerbell shoes for a friend's granddaughter...made me think of you! Surely you are back from So Cal so let's see some photos girlie!

    ReplyDelete