Monday, July 6, 2009

20 things.........













Since my blog is only a week old, I thought I'd better
introduce myself and tell you a few little snippets about
myself.



1. No Coke, Diet Pepsi. :0)

2. I hate parades. Yes, even the ones at the Magic Kingdom.

3. I am TERRIFIED of snakes. I don't care how little
they are.....non-poisonous, more scared of me, good
for the garden...blah blah blah
I HATE THEM. period. (only exception to #8)

4. I won't go in water if I can't see my feet.

5. I lived in Turkey for a year and could still
hold my own in a conversation. If they talked
really really slow. lol


6. I was the first one in my Jr. high school to have double pierced
ears. I did it myself. (I stopped after my belly button)

7. I'm extremely claustrophobic.

8. I am a major animal lover and could never be friends
with someone who wasn't. Just couldn't do it.

9. Finished top in my Auto Mechanics class my Sophomore year.

10. I didn't want my Senior picture taken with my braces on,
so after 2 years of wearing them, I removed them myself.

11. I never use my cell phone unless I'm on vacation.

12. I LOVE Banana popsicles.

13. I worry....about everything....all the time.

14. I was married before, at 17, to my high school sweetheart, for 2
years. (and no, I didn't "have to") I barely got out alive.
Literally. I left with my purse and the clothes on my back.


15. When I first laid eyes on Pookie, (5 years after my
divorce) I turned to my supervisor
and said, "That is the man I'm going to marry". And I did,
4 months later. :0)

16. I'm always cold.

17. Things I say daily:

What's the worst that could happen?

Love you Pookie

Ziggy, get down.

I'm starting my diet tomorrow.

What the?????????? (see below)


18. My first job was at Macy's in Womens, Better Sportswear.

19. I can place and finish concrete, mud & tape drywall
and lay tile like a pro.

20. I'm usually game to try anything once.




Update on the weekend:

Our fireworks got rained out, believe it or not! It started pouring,
complete with thunder and lightning, about an hour before
the extravaganza was to begin. What the???????
We still had a great BBQ earlier that evening and sat on the
porch during the storm, cocktail in hand and a 40lb Cocker
Spaniel quivering on my lap.
We ended up having one of the best 4th of July holidays ever!!
Goes to show ya, life is still filled with wonderful surprises. :0)

4 comments:

  1. Gayle,

    #10 ... LOL! Wow, you really did that? I think my parents would have killed me!

    Sorry to hear your fireworks got rained out, but it sounds like you had a great 4th anyway!

    Your blog looks great!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, ALL THE WAY, on #3, girlfriend! Yuck! I have to turn my head or close my eyes if they show one on TV. #5: I'm impressed! I have a Turkish friend. They say English is the hardest language to learn but when I hear him speak in his language, I'd have to say, Turkish sounds pretty hard to me! #10: OMG! I can't believe you really did that! LOL! #11: I rarely use mine either and sometimes wonder why I don't just cancel it and get rid of the monthly bill. #16: Me too. It drives my hubby crazy. We're always fighting over the thermostat setting. :)

    Glad to hear you enjoyed your 4th despite the fireworks getting rained out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! {{{{Gayle}}} I have missed You!!!

    How the heck have you been????

    Buffie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{{{{{{{{{{BUFFIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}!!!!
    It's so good to hear from you. Forget me,
    how the heck are you?????????????
    :0)

    ReplyDelete